Monday, December 28, 2009

Should I live outside Chicago or in downtown after college?

I've been living in Chicago for about 3 years. I've spent most of the time stuck living in downtown by whitesox. I'm going to finish college in December and I don't know if I want to get an apartment outside downtown or if I should stay in downtown.



I hate living in the city,it's crowded and loud but my job is probably going to be there. I don't want to be stuck in traffic for hours to get to work and then pay 20$ parking. If i lived downtown then I probably wouldn't even buy a car.



Also, I think apartments are cheaper in the suburbs. I'm not making 1000+ dollar payments for an apartment when I could get a mortgage.



It would be good if I could get some input from people that live around here.



Winter sucks and I don't know what would be worse. Winter stuck in traffic for hours or having to walk around and take the train in the freezing coold.



Should I live outside Chicago or in downtown after college?

Sounds like you answered your own question. Also, a downtown unit will prove to be a very good investment. Buy don't rent...and great idea from you....If you do not need a car...don't buy one. You can always rent for the few times you might really want to go somwwhere You'll more than offset the cost of living downtown...Good Luck on your new job

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk