Friday, December 25, 2009

Commute or Live at College Campus?

I live in Champaign Illinois, and I'm currently enrolled in a community College where I'm majoring in Finance. I also have a paid internship that pays well, and it is in the finance field. I've been there since June of last year, so I would be there a year and a half once I'm done with the community college. I will get my associate's degree at my community college then I decided I'm going to attend Ilinois State University over in Bloomington Illinois. The ride over to Bloomington is 45 minutes long, and I would have to go there 2 or 3 days a week. Should I commute to the University and keep my Internship? Or should I live at the Illinois State Campus? Keep in mind I don't currently live with my parents, but I would live at there house if I do decide to commute. Is it worth it to sacrifice the internship to live in Bloomington? It's a really good one, and I'm learning a lot. All the help is appreciated.



Commute or Live at College Campus?

Commute. The internship experience is far too valueable to your resume. Soon enough, you will have a degree AND experience. Not too many other young grads will be able to say that. I have about a 45 minute commute to campus and was able to pick up a few online classes so that I do not have to travel but one day a week. It's a long day, but my other days are relatively school free.



Commute or Live at College Campus?

Stay at the school, it builds character

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk