Friday, December 25, 2009

Do you live on a farm?

I live in a small town in Wisconsin. I have lived on a farm my whole life. I was wondering who else does. What animals do you have. We have cows, pigs, goats, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, chickens, dogs, and cats. I never ever want to live in the city. How do you feel about living on a farm versus living in the city?



Do you live on a farm?

My hubby (64) and I (60) grew up on wheat farms in Kansas. We still own farmland there, but live in the Kansas City metro area. We had cows, pigs, dogs and cats. Other crops raised were corn, milo, soybeans, and alfalfa. We rented out pasture to horse owners, but had no horses of our own.



There is a lot I now miss about living on the farm (peace and quiet, privacy, fresh air, unobstructed sunsets), but if I moved back there, I'd miss a lot of stuff about the city (restaurants, museums and galleries, theatre and concerts, etc.), but I wouldn't miss the traffic or the crowds!



Best advice I can give is: "Enjoy what's good about where you are!"



Do you live on a farm?

My mother grew up in Northern Maine. That is all farmland up there.



Do you live on a farm?

We used to own (kind of) a farm when we lived in the mountains of Colorado. We had pigs, chickens, and goats. The pigs were killed by a mountain lion, the chickens were killed by a fox (all but one...and he was never the same), and the goat got arthritis and was made into a drum by the Indians.



I don't have much luck with animals. :(



Do you live on a farm?

I do not live on a farm but sometimes I feel I live in the zoo with my 3 kids!



Do you live on a farm?

I was raised on a small farm. We had cows, pigs goats, ducks, chickens, dogs, and gardening. I would go feed the cows and pigs and chickens every morning before I went to school. Gather the eggs and work in the garden after school. I still like raising chickens, just for the eggs, I don't eat my chickens. I couldn't be happy living in a city, I like the room to roam outside without hearing cars, sirens, etc. Also don't like the taste of city water, we have a well and there is no better tasting water anywhere.



Do you live on a farm?

I don't live on a farm, but I think I would love to! I live in a fairly small town (6, 000 people) about 20 miles outside New York City, and I was born in London, and lived there for the first 7 years of my life. So I've always lived in close proximity to a huge city...but still, animals manage to be a huge part of my life. I have pets, I work in a vet's office, and I work at a historical sight, where we have 4 oxen, we just got rid of our latest calf (his mom, our only dairy cow died of milk fever a few days after he was born), 30 sheep, occasionally some horses, a bunch of chickens and cats. So although it's on a really small scale, I still get farm work in. I live a 20 minute drive outside of NYC, and I work with 2, 500 lb livestock (and they're my babies)!! There are several stables in NYC too. You wouldn't be devoid of animals if you lived in or close to a city.



I wish I lived on a farm. You're so lucky. I like where I live though. Because it's easy to get to both the country and the city.



Do you live on a farm?

I would trade for a farm live in a heart beat. i grew up on one.



But because my hubby is in the army we live in a city right now. I hate HOA, telling you what you can and cant do. I want tacky x-mas decorations,



But once my hubby retires we move to a more rural area. I want to have tennessee fainters(myotonic goats),chicken, quail, turkeys, lamas, ducks my gator snapper and whatever i feel like.



And i can tear up my backyard with a ATV if i want to



Do you live on a farm?

I grew up in the suburbs of New York City. I was raised to be a city girl. I finally got to move to a farm 6 years ago and I'm much happier. There's less pressure, less crime, more people helping people.



We have cows, dogs and cats. I'd love to add goats, lambs and chickens, but our fencing isn't good enough. The air is cleaner. There's so much beauty here, and less noise. It's much more peaceful, and less stressful, and every sunrise and sunset fills my heart with great joy. I'm in the Appalachians, outside Knoxville, and this is God's Country.



Do you live on a farm?

Living in the city sucks! I had prolonged experience with both and in the city you have no freedom and everyones constantly worried about what everyone will be think about them, in experience the bigger the city the less people care about others.



On the farm we have 7000 sheep on a 7000acre farm and cattle as well. We have all the basic farm animals; 6 dogs, 2 cats, chickens and a fish called sushi.



Do you live on a farm?

I don't live on a farm, but I used to live right beside one. All they had were horses. They used to have other animals, too, but they were an older couple and as the animals died they just didn't get anymore, so by the time we moved in they just had two or three horses.



The country is nice and all, but after 19 years of living there, I had enough. I'm a city girl, I need to be near things, not out in the middle of nowhere. I miss the view, the land we had, not having neighbors right on top of us, and the well water (city water is GROSS!!), but it's just not where I want to be 24/7. I'd like to go and stay for a getaway, but I don't think I'll ever be moving back to the country.



Do you live on a farm?

i live on a ranch it is somewhat like a farm i guess you could say we mostly grow crops though!



i raise a lot of rabbits on my ranch and there are many cats that we do not own but they are i guess stray. i love living in the country i would noever move to a big city or i would be lost (lol)



my town is very small we are located in ohio which is a lot of farming around here! i still go to school so the school is like 300 students total.



Do you live on a farm?

My family lives in a city, but we own a farm and drive out there every day. We have 6 goats, a bunch of fish, 2 dogs, 7 cats, 2 horses, 3 donkeys ( 2 regular size, and 1 mammoth jack), 1 pony, and 30 chickens. I like farms because you have so much more room. We used to live in the country but the city kept expanding until we were in the middle of it. My dad bought our farm which we have been restoring. It is a 1930's house. We have slowly been building up our property so now we have around 55 acres. I love at night how you can see so many stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk