Saturday, November 28, 2009

Opening My Pictures folder causes unwanted prompt for Windows Live login.?

When I open either My Pictures folder, or just about any folder with picture files in it, I eventually get a prompt for me to login to Windows Live (the old Passport login dialog). When I cancel, I get another prompt immediately. Eventually it asks me for a website login, such as with FrontPage, as if I wanted to edit my website.



Initially, it had my hotmail name @hotmail.com.it which really made me suspicious.



No help, of course, from MS.



Thanks.



Opening My Pictures folder causes unwanted prompt for Windows Live login.?

Here is what I would try first. Right click the folder and select properties. Change the type of folder it is (not a picture folder). See if it does it with that. If it works, change it back and see. If it is the type of folder, you might have a virus, or the file associations are messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk