Monday, November 30, 2009

Live in mountain town & make nothing or live in city and make what i'm worth?

I currently live in one of the best, most beautiful places in the country (if you ask me). It's a small town of 10,000 people and most of our economy is based on ranching and tourism. I love living here as I am able to bike, hike and cross country ski out my back door. I have close friends and have made a good name for myself among the business professionals. The only problem is that good paying jobs are hard to come by. The average salary is $28,000 and the average home is around $280,000. My current salary is more than average (not by much), and my employer doesn't provide any benefits or time off. I am getting my masters with the hope of teaching at the local college (which pays much less than any other colleges), and maybe someday my Phd to get tenure. My question is, do you live in beauty and make next to nothing, or do you live in the city and make a descent living? I would someday like to have a house and a family and not worry about living paycheck to paycheck. thoughts?



Live in mountain town %26amp; make nothing or live in city and make what i'm worth?

Millions of Americans live in tiny towns where opportunities are also tiny, but they do it for the reasons you enumerate. They also do it because they believe their children will gain more from the experience of living this way than they would gain from more money.



Millions of other Americans choose the exact opposite. And, they believe they're living the best life, and that their children will gain from more opportunities of all types.



In other words, although we probably all understand your dilemna, we've made our decision on similar issues based on our own unique situations and value structures. Unfortunately, you need to do exactly the same. Regardless of which decision you make, rest assured that you can make an excellent life for yourself and for any future family. Other people do exactly that and you are probably at least as capable as the vast majority.



Live in mountain town %26amp; make nothing or live in city and make what i'm worth?

I live in the country because it is beautiful and peaceful, but commute to the city (45 minute drive) to make a decent salary. The drive gets tedious, but it is totally worth it to have my time at home.



Live in mountain town %26amp; make nothing or live in city and make what i'm worth?

If you can get the PhD where you are, do so. Once you have that, your possibilities for higher income are much greater and you will have more choices of places to work. There are lots of colleges and universities in smaller cities that need PhDs , and they pay well. You could have your cake and eat it too.



Live in mountain town %26amp; make nothing or live in city and make what i'm worth?

I say, go for both! You can have the best of both worlds if you want it bad enough. You strike me as intelligent and articulate and I think if you really wanted to stay there, find a home business that you can build to create an excellent income.



I chose one in health and wellness because it's what the masses are looking for. That and prevention of disease.



You can start a business for under $200, and work it via the internet, telephone or person to person...which I find the most effective. There are systems and plans you can put into place to be sure that you are able to earn a lucrative income and stay living exactly where you love to be.



It's what I do, and I teach others how to find that freedom as well. I would be happy to connect you to some people who are doing just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk